Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Basic Female Body Shapes, Part III: Rectangle



















Hello hallo beautiful woman,


Nice having you here on doitwithyourstyle. Last time I introduced you to the Inverted Triangle body shape. Now it's time for another athletic figure: Rectangle.


If you are a Rectangle, you don't have many curves and your body may even look tomboyish. As I wrote about the Inverted Triangle body shape, it seems that nowadays the slimmer you are and the less curves you have specially on your lower-body the sexier you look, so be proud of your body! ;0)




I am a Rectangle and for many years all I wanted was curves. Actually I am more like a lollipop: straight from feet to rib cage and then POP: two melons. :0) I remember when I was a teenage and there was a girl who used to call me in Portuguese something like "flat booty" because of my little booty and narrow hips. I would never believe I would be so proud of my little booty a couple of years later and even work out hard to keep it this way! 


Let us see here some celebrities with a Rectangle body shape:


Cameron Diaz


Nicole Kidman

Keira Knightley


These outfits can "give" you some curves and make you look even more feminine:


Wrap over top

Cowl neck top

Empire line top

Sweetheart tunic

Pencil skirt

Flared skirt

Bias cut skirt

Bootcut pants


Grecian style dress



Belted coat

Perfect combination: Peplum jacket with pencil skirt

Pick any of them


Check out these bikinis and bathing suits for the "mermaid moments"...

Bikini with belt

Bikini with side laces/fringes

Pick any of them


Now attention, ladies and... girls. Das ist ein absolute nicht go for the athletic Rectangle figure:

Straight dress: NO!

Straight shirt with chest pockets: NO!

High-waisted pants: NO!

Cropped pants: NO!

Summarizing:

YEAH Pieces: Tailored jackets and shirts/ Bias cut skirts/ Bootcut pants/ Wrap over tops and dresses

NO Pieces: Straight dresses/ Cropped pants / High-waisted pants/ Shirts with chest pockets


Next time I'll introduce you to the Pear/Triangle body shape. Until then, don't forget: No matter what you do, do it with style. YOUR style. Stay tuned.

Aline Lermer





















No comments:

Post a Comment